- This event has passed.
Gaming Techniques for Youth Workers
04/11/2019 @ 12:00 - 11/11/2019 @ 12:00
3 participants will be attending from 9 partner organization’s countries: UK, Spain, Croatia, Macedonia, Czechia, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland,Austria
We complain that young people today consume much time on the computer, TV and video games. These activities greatly limit their learning experiences.
This does not mean that we should limit hundred percent access to these diversions, but we have to generate alternatives that are educational and enriching.
In-out (door) tools provide an activation of the five senses: sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch. The urban environment and daily routines keep us away from varied and exciting sensory experiences for the development of our sensibilities that provide comfort and relaxation.
The training is aimed to improve training competences of trainers, facilitators and team leaders on participatory education through playing games, lead activities and to motivate young people in local and international level to do in-outdoor activities.
The training course is based on a non-formal and a trainee centred approach putting the needs and abilities of the participants in the centre of the training.
The youth workers will learn plenty of activities, games, workshops, that they can develop with young people and how to motivate them to participate in the daily life in their communities. A broad range of educational means will be applied ranging role plays, workshops, to short interactive exercises and trainee-led sessions.
– Improve the skills of trainers, facilitators and group leaders on education participation, through play in-out(door) games.
– Share experiences and knowledge of trainer to trainer.
– Learn, test and develop new activities, games, workshops, etc. that can be used for education work with young people and other groups.
– Allow time and space for personal development of participants as trainers, facilitators or leaders.
– Establish new partnerships and cooperation for improving the quality of international youth work and project development.
– To learn ways to promote and motivate young people to do in-out(door) activities.
– Creating an ebook with methods created and learned.
– Cooperation in the new Erasmus program project +